Thursday, June 4, 2015

Beyond the Mask: My Thoughts

The Christian movie Beyond the Mask is releasing to 100 theaters in the United States tomorrow.  I saw this movie in May, and would highly recommend that everyone see it.  This is not my full review of this movie, nor does it contain any spoilers.

1. Story
The story is well-crafted, following Will Reynolds, a former assassin trying to hide his past.  Unfortunately for him, his past keeps cropping up and he is unable to escape it.

2. Visuals
The imagery of this movie is wonderful!  From carriages to Philadelphia, the movie is full of visually lavish scenes.  The costumes as well are recreated in all their 1776 glory.  For an analysis of one--controversial--costume, go here: http://defendingthelegacy.blogspot.com/2015/04/beyond-mask-charles-kemps-india-jacket.html

3. History
The movie is set in 1775-76 during the American Revolution.  Benjamin Franklin, Independence Hall, smugglers, the East India Company, highwaymen, and George Washington all appear in the movie.  While the story itself is fictitious, many of the details of 18th Century life are correct.

4. Personal
This movie is well-done and I would like it anyways, but I love it even more because I appear in it!  If you are curious where I am, I am a rich man on the streets of Philadelphia in company with three other rich men.  My coat is olive-green with gold waistcoat and breeches.  I also worked on construction for this movie, contributing to a street of Philadelphia, a ship, a windmill, and other things.

To find out if this movie is in your area, visit: http://beyondthemaskmovie.com/cities, and if you have any questions, please drop me a comment!  

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! It is an awesome movie, and I like it even more because my family and I helped with it.
      ~Jordan

      Delete